I have just read a short but fantastic article over on Breaking Free. It's called Why I Must and it tells us why Brian must become financially independent.
As you know, my blog is also about becoming financially independent and his idea of keeping a list of reasons of why this must be so is really appealing to me. In fact, I think it's such a good idea, I'm going to start the list right now, copy this list to a file on my computer and add to it every time I think of a new one.
Reasons "Why I Must" Become Financially Independent
I must become financially independent so that I can:
- devote more time to developing free software
- do some volunteer work
- devote more time to organisations I am already involved in
- work for myself instead of for someone else
- enjoy my time off doing whatever it is I like
- spend more time on my hobbies
- excercise more
- get out and see more of the countryside
- spend more time with my friends
- spend more time with my family
That list is in no particular order and I guess it is only the start of what might become a fairly long list. Maybe you should try it too so that you can also see what you'll be able to do when you become financially independent. The endless possibilities may convince you to start on your journey to a prosperous and productive future.
Any others you think I should add to my list, or any that you would have on yours?